Character Names in Star Wars Galaxies™: An Empire Divided™ should reflect the genre of the game, itself. Original names with science fiction and fantasy themes, are highly desired. The naming policy, emcompasses, first and last names.
The following types of character names have been deemed inappropriate:
- Vile, profane, rude, or racist names, including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of those words.
- Combinations of words that produce an offensive result *e.g. Hugeaz, Tug Mcgroin).
- Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin, Angel, Devil, Demon, etc…).
- Trademarked names of products, services, or concepts (e.e. Marlboro, Sony, Band-Aid, etc).
- Non-fantasy or non-science fiction, oriented names from popular fiction or nonfiction media, either fictional or nonfictional (e.g. Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Austin Powers, Britney Spears, Harry Potter, etc).
- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the setting of the game (e.g. Television, Cellphone, Pickup Truck, Dude). This includes references to drug substances or drug related, paraphernalia (e.g. Ecstasy, Cannabis).
- Proper names from the Star Wars Universe, includes but not limited to, the first or last name of any significant NPC in Star Wars Galaxy™ or the Star Wars Universe (e.g. Skywalker, Greedo, Vader, Exar Kun, Xizor, Fett, Tusken, etc).
- Names that are chosen with the intent, or possessed of the effect of harming the reputation of, or used to impersonate a member or representative of the SWG: Vision of Hope Staff, or any of their partners and affiliates.
- Fantasy-oriented names that are easily recognized from popular, existing media (e.g. Gandalf, Pikechu, Drizzt, Godzilla, Asian).
- Names where the combination of the first and last name, violate a previous rule (e.g. Clint Eastwood, Harleeda Vidsonn).
For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings of the word or words, is also unacceptable.
For the first and second category, name violations, characters with this type of name can be changed immediately, with or without notice. These changed characters will lose access to any structures (houses, PA Halls, or harvesters, as well as any items within these structures), vendors, and any items on vendors or bazaar. There will be no reimbursements made for any items, structures, credits, or any other game related issue, directly related to the character name being changed due to a violation of this policy.